Race and Racism, Public Memory, Media Geographies, Critical Place Name Studies, Social Media, GIS, Population Dynamics, Civil Rights Movement, and Emotional Geographies
- M.A. in Geography (with a Graduate Certificate in GIS) :: East Carolina University :: Greenville, North Carolina :: 2013
- B.A. in Geography (with a minor in Political Science of Developing Nations) :: University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire :: Eau Claire, Wisconsin :: 2010
- GEOG101 World Regional Geography (6 semesters)
- Alderman, D., & Caspersen, J. (expected Winter 2017-18). Barbecue Tourism: The Racial Politics of Belonging within the Cult of the Pig. Tourism Experiences & Animal Consumption: Contested Values, Morality, & Ethics (pp.tbd). City, State TBD: Taylor & Francis Books.
- Caspersen, J., Van Holt, T., & J. C. Johnson. (2017) Measuring Agreement in Participatory Mapping. Field Methods, 29(2): 1-14.
- Caspersen, J. and Alderman, D. (2015) What’s in a Nickname? In the case of Chiraq, a Whole Lot. American Association of Geographers Newsletter, March 2015, http://news.aag.org/2015/03/whats-in- a-nickname.
- Van Holt, T., Johnson, J. C., Brinkley, J. D., Carley, K. M., & Caspersen, J. (2012) Structure of Ethnic Violence in Sudan: A Semi-Automated Network Analysis of Online News (2003-2010). Journal of Computational and Mathematical Organization Theory, 18(3): 340-355.