1. The City of Chesapeake has an opening for a GIS Analyst position. See
Sent on behalf of Virginia Fowler, GIS Administrator, City of Chesapeake
2. Dear Friends,
I am continuing a search to fill a senior leadership position here in the Arkansas Geographic Information Office. The position details are located here.
www.arstatejobs.com choose the select an agency dialog then choose Geographic Information Office to find the position.
The job can be summarized into five high level activities.
1) Ad hoc Deputy Director requires experienced leadership, public speaking, and independent decision making on behalf of the agency. Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences. Understanding of Federal and State Framework data layers and programs. Ability to foster partnerships and coalitions in the GIS Community.
2) GeoStor Visionary requires experience with web development of enterprise applications, perception on the geospatial industry direction and tying the needs of constituents with the future direction of GeoStor, Enterprise System Architecture, and Mobile applications.
3) Administrative Management requires day to day administrative activities such as budget, human resource, state procurement procedures and working with contractors. (Project management of agency’s on-going multiple projects, ability to re-direct resources when necessary to meet tight deadlines and exercise good judgment for prioritizing project workload for AGIO staff.)
4) GIS Software and Data Management requires a commanding knowledge of our core software and a deep understanding of database and GIS data schemas, ability to write queries and custom applications, scripts and tools using scripting/programming language. Knowledgeable on standards and ability to communicate or direct metadata development.
5) Business Analysis for Constituents the ability to identify strategic opportunities where AGIO and GeoStor can play a game changing role for cities, counties, state agencies and further the advancement of GIS adoption in Arkansas. Ability to coordinate, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences. Knowledgeable on the history of Arkansas GIS and GIS Data.
The position will represent and communicate on behalf of the agency in meetings with elected officials, agency directors, and the public.
If you are aware of anyone in your circles that fits our need please share. Thanks!
Shelby D Johnson – Geographic Information Officer
Arkansas Geographic Information Office – Putting Arkansas on the Map
1 Capitol Mall
2nd Floor 2B 900
Little Rock, AR 72201