I am a second-year geography PhD student studying under Dr. Nicholas Nagle. My dissertation work is focused on developing methodologies to increase knowledge of US forests through small area estimation and prediction of forest biometrics using remote sensing. This work is funded through a cooperative agreement with the US Forest Service.
My previous research focused on prediction of soil organic carbon density and stocks for wetlands in the conterminous United States. This work was conducted while I was a contracted GIS Specialist at the US Geological Survey. Overall, my research provides better tools to understand ecosystems where traditional survey techniques are difficult or impossible to apply due to cost, inaccessibility, denial of access, or high variability.
I have a Master’s degree in Environmental Science and Policy (concentration in Ecosystem Management) from George Mason University and a Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Sciences (minor in Chemistry) from the University of Virginia.
Please see my website for more information on my research and work history.
Personal Website | LinkedIn | Google Scholar | Twitter
- Uhran, B.R., Windham-Myers, L., Bliss, N., Nahlik, A., Sundquist, E.T., and Stagg, C.L., 2022, Harmonizing wetland soil organic carbon datasets to improve spatial representation of 2011 soil carbon stocks in the conterminous United States: U.S. Geological Survey data release, https://doi.org/10.5066/P9H1PIX3.
- Uhran, B., Zhu, Z., Windham-Myers, L., Sleeter, B., Cavallaro, N., Kroeger, K., Shrestha, G., 2021. Wetland Carbon in the United States: Conditions and Changes. Carbon Storage in Wetlands: US National Assessment, American Geophysical Union Books. https://agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/9781119639305.ch2
- Uhran, B., Windham-Myers, L., Bliss, N., Nahlik, A., Sundquist, E.T., Stagg, C, L., 2021. Improved wetland soil organic carbon stocks of the conterminous U.S. through data harmonization, Frontiers in Soil Science. https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fsoil.2021.706701/full
- Uhran, B., Qu, J., Zhu, Z., Genet, H., 2019. Alaska Soil Moisture and Wetland Mapping Validation Workshop, Global Energy and Water Exchanges (GEWEX) Quarterly 24:4, 18-20 https://www.gewex.org/gewex-content/files_mf/1576784370Nov2019.pdf [Scientific newsletter under editorial review]
- Uhran, B., Conley, C., Spry, J.A., 2019. Updating Planetary Protection Considerations and Policies for Mars Sample Return: Space Policy, Vol 49, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.spacepol.2019.04.001
- Ward, E., Stagg, C. L., Daniel, C., Sleeter R., Rayfield, B., Windham-Myers, L., Kroeger, K., Liu, J., Conner, W., Day, R., Krauss, K., Sleeter, B., Gonneea, M., Thorne, K., Buffington, K., Jones, S., Uhran, B., Zhu, Z. 2021. Modeling Land Cover Change and Potential Management Impacts on Carbon Stocks of US Coastal Wetlands, North America Carbon Program 2020 Meeting, rescheduled to March 2021 https://cce-datasharing.gsfc.nasa.gov/conferences/absbyid/40/21/h/1/
- Stagg, C.L., Ward, E., Daniel, C., Rayfield, B., Windham-Myers, L., Sleeter, R., Sleeter, B., Kroeger, K., Uhran, B., Woltz, V., Liu, J., Conner, W., Day, R., Gonneea, M., Thorne, K., Buffington, K., Jones S., Ken Krauss K., Zhu, Z. 2020. A National Assessment of Tidal Wetland Carbon Sequestration and GHG emissions with Implications for Land Management in the United States, AGU Fall Meeting 2020 Meeting. https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2020AGUFMB048.0002S/abstract
- Windham-Myers, L., Uhran, B., Richter, G., Bliss, N., Nahlik, A., Sundquist, E.T., Stagg, C.L. 2019. Leveraging Wetland Soil Carbon Data Sets to Address Spatial Representation of Wetland Carbon Stocks, AGU Fall Meeting 2019 Oral Presentation. https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2019AGUFM.B32D..07W/abstract