Weather, climate, hazards, GIS, remote sensing
- M.S. Geography, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, ND, 2017
- B.S. Meteorology, Valparaiso University, Valparaiso, IN, 2015
- GEOG 333 (Instructor of record): Climate Change and Human Response, Spring 2019, Spring 2020
- GEOG 131 (Instructor of record): Weather, Climate, and Climate Change, Fall 2018.
- GEOG 131 (Laboratory Instructor): Weather, Climate, and Climate Change, Fall 2017, Fall 2019
- Ellis, K., D. Burow, K. Gassert, L. Mason, and M. Porter. 2019. Forecaster perceptions and climatological analysis of the influence of convective mode on tornado climatology and warning success. Accepted in Annals of the American Association of Geographers.
- Burow, D., and C. Atkinson. 2019. An examination of traffic volume during snow events in northeast Ohio. Natural Hazards. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs11069-019-03786-y
- Burow, D., B. Rundquist, and C. Atkinson. 2017. NDVI change analysis and damage mapping of the Vilonia, AR tornado, 27 April 2014. Papers in Applied Geography, 3:85-100. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/23754931.2016.1264989
- Tennessee Fellowship for Graduate Excellence, University of Tennessee, Knoxville. $10,000 per year. Awarded 2017-18, 2018-19, and 2019-20 academic years. Renewal expected for one additional year. For more, see https://gradschool.utk.edu/graduate-student-life/costs-funding/graduate-fellowships/tfge/
- Extraordinary Service to the Department Award, University of Tennessee, Knoxville Department of Geography. Awarded April 2019.