Danny is currently on the job market
Weather, climate, hazards, GIS, remote sensing
- M.S. Geography | University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, ND | 2017
- B.S. Meteorology | Valparaiso University, Valparaiso, IN | 2015
Instructor of Record
- GEOG 333 Climate Change and Human Response: Spring 2019, Spring 2020, Fall 2020
- GEOG 131 Weather, Climate, and Climate Change: Fall 2018
Laboratory Instructor/ Grader
- GEOG 131 Weather, Climate, and Climate Change: Fall 2017, Fall 2019
- Daniel Burow and Hailey Cantrell. Surface and radar observations of winter weather conditions during traffic crashes in northern Indiana. Under review in The Professional Geographer, submitted 21 September 2020.
- Daniel Burow and Kelsey Ellis. Precipitation and synoptic weather types on hazardous weather days in the southeastern United States. Under review in Theoretical and Applied Climatology, submitted 8 September 2020.
- Daniel Burow, Kelsey Ellis, and Liem Tran. Simultaneous and collocated tornado and flash flood warnings associated with tropical cyclones in the contiguous United States. In revision for International Journal of Climatology, initial submission 30 June 2020.
- Kelsey Ellis, Daniel Burow, Kelly Gassert, Lisa Reyes Mason, and Megan Porter. 2020. Forecaster perceptions and climatological analysis of the influence of convective mode on tornado climatology and warning success. Annals of the American Association of Geographers. 110:1075–1094. https://doi.org/10.1080/24694452.2019.1670042
- Daniel Burow, Hannah Herrero, and Kelsey Ellis. 2020. Damage analysis of three long-track tornadoes using high-resolution satellite imagery. Atmosphere. 11:613. https://doi.org/10.3390/atmos11060613
- Daniel Burow and Christopher Atkinson. 2019. An examination of traffic volume during snow events in northeast Ohio. Natural Hazards, 99:1179–1189. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11069-019-03786-y
- Daniel Burow, Bradley Rundquist, and Christopher Atkinson. 2017. NDVI change analysis and damage mapping of the Vilonia, AR tornado, 27 April 2014. Papers in Applied Geography, 3:85–100. https://doi.org/10.1080/23754931.2016.1264989
- Tennessee Fellowship for Graduate Excellence, University of Tennessee, Knoxville. $10,000 per year. Awarded 2017–18, 2018–19, 2019–20, and 2020–2021 academic years, total value $40,000. For more, see https://gradschool.utk.edu/graduate-student-life/costs-funding/graduate-fellowships/tfge/
- Outstanding Graduate Teaching Associate Award, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Department of Geography. Awarded April 2020.
- Publication Leadership Award, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Department of Geography. Awarded April 2020.
- Extraordinary Service to the Department Award, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Department of Geography. Awarded April 2019.