- Human outcomes post-disaster events, with a regional focus on US territories
- Political, electoral, and legal geography
- Queer geography
- Toponyms and memories of place
- TA’d for Physical, Human, and World Regional Geography
- 2018: M.A. University of Wyoming, Laramie, WY. Geography.Thesis title: “The Impact of Political Culture Exhibited in Young Adults on Female Representation in the State of Wyoming Legislature”Advisor: Dr. Gerald R. Webster
- 2016: B.S. James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA. Geographic Science.Honors college, magna cum laude.
- Westenhoff, L., and G. Webster. 2018. “Newspaper Endorsements of Presidential Candidates in the 2016 Election.” In Atlas of the 2016 Elections, ed. Watrel, R.H., R. Weichelt, F. Davidson, J. Heppen, E. H. Fouberg, J. C. Archer, R. L. Morrill, F. M. Shelley, K. C. Martis. Boulder, CO: Rowman and Littlefield.
- 2018: Outstanding Graduate Student, Department of Geography, Laramie, WY
- 2017: Second place, best poster, Great Plains/Rocky Mountain Regional Meeting, AAG, Grand Forks, ND
- 2017: Outstanding Graduate Service, Department of Geography, Laramie, WY
- 2017: Kleinhammer Foundation Grant ($3000) – Laramie, WY
- 2016: National Council for Geographic Education Departmental Award – Harrisonburg, VA