Tropical and Hurricane Climatology, Applied Meteorology and Climatology, Natural Hazards, and Extreme Weather Events
- Laboratory Instructor: GEOG 334- Meteorology, Spring 2020
- Laboratory Instructor: GEOG 131- Weather, Climate, and Climate Change, Fall 2019
- Instructor of Record: GEOG 333 Climate Change and Human Response, Spring 2021
- M.S. Geography, Louisiana State University
- B.S. Meteorology, University of South Alabama
- Black, A.W., J.M. Knox, J.A. Rackley, and N.S. Grondin, 2019: Tornado Debris from the 23 May 2017 “Tybee Tornado”. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, 100, 217-222.
- Grondin, N.S., and B.D. Keim, 2021: Spatial and Temporal Characteristics of Tropical Cyclone Strikes in the Northeastern Pacific Basin between San Diego, California and Las Peñitas, Nicaragua. International Journal of Climatology, 41, E2178–E2193, https://doi.org/10.1002/joc.6838.
Grondin, N.S., and K.N. Ellis, 2021: Tropical Cyclone Occurrence Dates in the North Atlantic and Eastern North Pacific Basins: Climatology, Trends, and Correlations with Overall Seasonal Activity. Theoretical and Applied Climatology, In Review.
Black, A.W., J.A. Knox, J.A. Rackley, and N.S. Grondin 2019: Tornado Debris from the 23 May 2017 “Tybee Tornado”. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, 100, 217–221, https://doi.org/10.1175/BAMS-D-17-0176.1.
2020 SEDAAG World Geography Bowl MVP
2019 Univ. of Tennessee Graduate Fellowship
2019 Alpha Tau Omega Foundation Graduate Scholarship
2019 American Meteorological Society Travel Grant- Special Symposium on Tropical Cyclones and Extreme Monsoon Precipitation
2018 Advanced Study Institute- Field Studies of Convection in Argentina Program
2018 American Meteorological Society Travel Grant- 33rd Conference on Hurricanes and Tropical Meteorology
2017 American Meteorological Society Student Conference Poster Award
2016 Univ. of South Alabama Outstanding Senior in Meteorology
2016 Univ. of South Alabama Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship
2015 American Meteorological Society Named Scholar
2015 Dr. Bill Williams Endowed Scholarship in Meteorology
2014 NOAA Ernest F. Hollings Scholarship
2012 Univ. of South Alabama Whiddon Honors Scholar