Human-environment interaction, Bioenergy, GIS
- Masters of Science in Forestry, University of Kentucky (2014)
- Masters in Environmental Management, University of North Dakota (2009)
- Bachelors of Science in Forestry, Tribhuvan University, Nepal (2005)
- 2015. Nepal, S., Contreras, M. A., Stainback, G. A., & Lhotka, J. M. Quantifying the Effects of Biomass Market Conditions and Policy Incentives on Economically Feasible Sites to Establish Dedicated Energy Crops. Forests 6:4168-4190
- 2014. Nepal, S., Contreras, M. A., Lhotka, J. M, & Stainback, G. A. A Spatially Explicit Model to Identify Suitable Sites to Establish Dedicated Woody Energy Crops. Biomass and Bioenergy 71:245 – 255
- 2013. Nepal, S., Contreras, M. A. A GIS-based Approach to Identify Suitable Locations for Bioenergy Plantations in Northern Kentucky. Proceedings of Council on Forest Engineering (COFE) Annual Meeting, July 7-10, 2013, University of Montana, Missoula, Montana.
- 2009. Nepal, S. Agrobiodiversity to Deal with Climate Change. Banko Jankari 19(1): 41