Climate change, extreme weather, dendroclimatology, hazards & vulnerability
B.S. Geography with an emphasis in Meteorology, Ohio University, Athens, 2009
M.S. Geography with a specialization in Dendroclimatology, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, 2014
- Geography 131: Weather, Climate, & Climate Change (UT-Knoxville)
- Geography 333: Climate Change & Human Response (UT-Knoxville)
- Geography 1010: Introduction to Physical Geography (UT-Chattanooga)
- Geography 2060: Atmosphere, Weather, & Climate (UT-Chattanooga)
- Savannah A. Collins-Key. Detection of Tropical Cyclone Signals in Tree Rings of Longleaf Pine (Pinus palustris Mill.) from southern Georgia, USA. (Manuscript in preparation for submission to Dendrochronologia..)
- Savannah A. Collins-Key. On the Political Feasibility of Enacting Reform in the U.S. Animal Agricultural Industry. (Manuscript in preparation for submission to Journal of Science Policy and Governance.)
- Savannah A. Collins-Key, Maegen L. Rochner, Elizabeth A. Schneider, Lauren A. Stachowiak, & Chaney P. Swiney. Restoration Ecology and Tree-Ring Dating at Cumberland Homesteads Tower in Crossville, Tennessee, USA. (Manuscript in preparation for submission to Southeastern Geographer.)
- Thomas W. Patterson, R. Stockton Maxwell, Grant L. Harley, Joshua S. Oliver, James H. Speer, Savannah A. Collins, Madison Downe, Benjamin Gannon, Lan Ma, Chance Raso, Cody Russell, & Aaron Teets, 2016. Climate-growth relationships of Pinus rigida (Mill.) at the species’ northern range limit, Acadia National Park, Maine. Northeastern Naturalist 23(4): 490–500.
- Lauren A. Stachowiak, Elizabeth A. Schneider, Maegen L. Rochner, Savannah A. Collins, & Henri D. Grissino-Mayer, 2015. Dendrochronological Dating of Two Historic Log Cabins on the Belle Meade Plantation, Davidson County, Tennessee, USA. Vegetation History and Archaeobotany, 1–11.
- Lauren A. Stachowiak, Elizabeth A. Schneider, Maegen L. Rochner, Savannah A. Collins, Chaney P. Swiney, Henri D. Grissino-Mayer, & Thomas G. McKenzie, 2014. Dendrochronological Dating of the Historic McKenzie Home, Meigs County, Tennessee, USA. Tree-Ring Research 70(1): 31–39.
- 2016–9: Chancellor’s Fellowship, University of Tennessee Geography Department.
- 2019: North American Dendroecological Fieldweek Research Fellowship, National Science Foundation, $1500.
- 2018: Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award, University of Tennessee Geography Department.
- 2018: Stewart K. McCroskey Memorial Fund Award, University of Tennessee Geography Department, $500.
- 2018: Landscape Photography/Map Competition, American Association of Geographers (AAG) Landscape Specialty Group (LSG), $250.
- 2014, 2016, 2018: Special Award for Extraordinary Service to the University of Tennessee Geography Department.