Rabby is currently on the job market
Hazard and Vulnerability Assessment; Geo-Statistics, Data Mining; Geomorphology, GIS
- PhD Geography | University of Tennessee, Knoxville | Concentration: Geo-Statistics and Earth System Science | Dissertation: Landslide Mapping and Susceptibility Assessment of Chittagong Hill Area, Bangladesh | Expected: Fall 2020 | Advisor: Dr. Yingkui Li
- MS Intercollegiate Masters in Statistics, Business Analytics and Statistics | University of Tennessee, Knoxville | Expected: Spring 2020 | Advisor: Dr. Haileab Hilafu
- MS Geography & Environment | University of Dhaka, Bangladesh | 2016 | Thesis: Spatio Temporal Variability of Rainfall over Bangladesh from 1980 to 2014 | GPA: 3.80 | Advisor: Md. Abdur Rob
- BS Geography & Environment | University of Dhaka, Bangladesh | 2014 | Minors: Geology, Botany and Soil Science | CGPA: 3.79
- GEOG 411 Intermediate Geographic Information Science | Laboratory Instructor
- GEOG 311 Intro to Geographic Information Science | Laboratory Instructor
- GEOG 334 Meteorology | Laboratory Instructor
Referred Journal Articles and Data Descriptors
- Rabby, Y. W., Ishtiaque, A., & Rahman, M. (2020). Evaluating the Effects of Digital Elevation Models in Landslide Susceptibility Mapping in Rangamati District, Bangladesh. Remote Sensing, 12(17), 2718.
- Abedin, J.**, Rabby, Y. W., Hasan, I.**, & Akter, H.** (2020). An investigation of the characteristics, causes, and consequences of June 13, 2017, landslides in Rangamati District Bangladesh. Geoenvironmental Disasters, 7(1), 1-19.
- Ishtiaque, A., Masrur, A., Rabby, Y. W., Jerin, T., & Dewan, A. (2020). Remote SensingBased Research for Monitoring Progress towards SDG 15 in Bangladesh: A Review. Remote Sensing, 12(4), 691.
- Rabby, Y. W., & Li, Y. (2020). Landslide Inventory (2001–2017) of Chittagong Hilly Areas, Bangladesh. Data, 5(1), 4.
- Rabby, Y. W., Hossain, M. B., & Hasan, M. U. (2019). Social vulnerability in the coastal region of Bangladesh: An investigation of social vulnerability index and scalar change effects. International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction, 41, 101329.
- Rabby, Y. W., & Li, Y. (2019). An integrated approach to map landslides in Chittagong Hilly Areas, Bangladesh, using Google Earth and field mapping. Landslides, 16(3), 633-645.
- Kutub, M.J.R., Falgunee, N., Nawfee, S.M. and Rabby, Y.W. (2017). Ship Breaking Industries and their Impacts on the Local People and Environment of Coastal Areas of Bangladesh, Human and Social Studies, Volume 6, Issue 2, 35-58, https://doi.org/10.1515/hssr-2017-0013
- Rob, M.A., Kabir, Md. H. and Rabby, Y.W. (2015). An Assessment of Microclimatic Variations: A Study in Dhaka City, Oriental Geographer, The Bangladesh Geographical Society, Vol. 58, No. 1&2, 2015
- Rabby, Y.W., Shogib, M.R.I. and Hossain, M.L. (2015). Analysis of Temperature Change in Capital city of Bangladesh, Journal of Environmental Treatment Techniques, Volume 3, Issue1, Page55-59. ** Advised Graduate Students (MS) from University of Dhaka in Manuscript Preparation
- Rabby, Y.W. and Li, Y. Regional Scale Landslide Susceptibility Mapping of Chittagong Hilly Areas, Bangladesh, using Integrated Methods, Natural Hazards
- Rabby, Y.W., Hossain, B., Abedin, J. Landslide Susceptibility Mapping in Three Upazilas of Rangamati Hill District Bangladesh: Application and Comparison of GIS-based Machine Learning Methods, Geocarto International
- A. Z. M. Imran, M. T. Islam, A. Gafur and Y. W. Rabby, “Rain attenuation prediction analysis and contour map design over Bangladesh,” 2015 18th International Conference on Computer and Information Technology (ICCIT), Dhaka, 2015, pp. 208-212.
- Kutub, M.J.R., Falgunee, N., Nawfee, S.M. and Rabby, Y.W. (2017). Impacts on the Local People and Environment of Coastal Areas of Bangladesh, In the Proceedings of Special Conference on Coastal and Marine Environment of Bangladesh, Bangladesh Poribash Andolon and Bangladesh Environmental Network, Dhaka
- Rabby, Y.W. and Rob, M.A. (2015). An Assessment of Microclimatic Variations: A Study in Dhaka, 9th International Conference on Urban Climate jointly with 12thSymposium on the Urban Environment, Toulouse, France
- Penley-Thomas-Allen Fellowship | 2019
- Publication Leadership Award, Department of Geography, University of Tennessee, Knoxville | 2019
- W.K. McClure Scholarship, Centre for International Education, University of Tennessee, Knoxville | 2017
- Dean’s Award of the Faculty of Earth and Environmental Sciences, University of Dhaka for achieving CGP more than 3.75 in BS. | 2015
- AQM Mohiuddin Trust Fund Scholarship from University of Dhaka for outstanding result in BS. | 2015
- Seraj-Majeja Trust Fund Scholarship from University of Dhaka for outstanding result in BS. | 2015
- Best Paper Award in 18th International Conference on Computer Information Technology (ICCTT 2015) arranged by Military Institute of Science and Technology (MIST), Bangladesh for Presentation the Paper on “Rain Attenuation Prediction Analysis and Contour Map Design over Bangladesh” | 2015
- National Science and Technology Fellowship: 2015-16 of Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of Peoples Republic of Bangladesh | 2015
Rabby is currently on the job market